Ford Sync 2 at RGR Garages
SYNC and Bluetooth® support
Ford cars come with a range of technologies, including SYNC and
Bluetooth®. These are designed to help you stay connected
and control certain features of your car.
Here you’ll find information about the different systems and how they work, so you can take full advantage of the features unique to each of them.
Bluetooth® with Voice Control
Make and receive calls, and even adjust the temperature: handsfree by using spoken commands.
Ford SYNC with Emergency Assistance
Play your music, make and receive calls on your mobile, have incoming text messages read aloud: control them all with simple voice commands. The system can even assist you in calling the Emergency Services, in the event of an accident.
Ford SYNC with AppLink
With natural, intuitive voice controls you can access and use apps
across a variety of categories on the move, via state-of-the-art
technology that seamlessly connects your smartphone to your car.
Please note that application availability is market dependant and is
subject to change.
*Model is not representative but for illustrative purposes only.
SYNC is a voice activated communications system that works with your Bluetooth® enabled mobile phone and portable media player.
Using your mobile
Pairing a Bluetooth® -enabled mobile phone
- With the vehicle stationary, turn the Ignition and audio system ON.
- Ensure the phone’s Bluetooth® setting is turned ON.
- Make sure the Bluetooth® feature on your cell phone is switched on before.
- To start pairing, press the PHONE button on the audio system.
- Press the PHONE button. When the audio display indicates that no phones are paired, select the option to add.
- When a message to begin pairing appears in the audio display, search for SYNC on your cell phone to start the pairing process.
- Select SYNC on your cell phone.
- Wait until the PIN appears on the phone display. Compare the PIN
on the phone with the PIN shown in the audio display and accept the
request on the phone's and the vehicle's display.
NOTE: In some cases the phone will request to enter a PIN, enter the six-digit PIN provided by the system in the audio display.
- The display indicates when the pairing is successful.
- SYNC will display the message “Download Phonebook?”
- Select the Yes soft key to download the phonebook, which enables voice commands of contacts.
Making and answering calls
- To call a contact using voice control, start by selecting the VOICE button on the steering wheel.
- Wait for the prompt to finish, then say “Call XXXX XXXXXXX”. You should say it exactly as the name is entered in your phonebook.
- SYNC will then place the call.
To call a specific phone number
- To call a specific number, start by selecting the VOICE button on the steering wheel.
- Wait for the prompt to finish, then say “Dial”.
- SYNC will ask for the number.
- Wait for the prompt to finish then speak the individual phone number digits at a smooth, consistent pace.
- SYNC will read the number back to you.
- Say "Dial" to place the call.
Listening to and responding to text messages
- When SYNC receives a text message the system sounds an audio prompt and displays 'Incoming text msg from <name>'. To hear SYNC read the message, press the Listen soft key.
- After SYNC reads the message, press the More soft key to see further options.
- Click the OK button to choose Reply to sender from the list.
- Use the Down button to highlight the text.
- Click the OK button.
- Press the Send soft key to send the message.